We recently conducted workshops on "Yoga for Bikers" at the Eurobike Trade Show.
The objective of these workshops was to highlight the importance of Yoga as
– a pre training tool for conditioning
– increasing effectiveness of training and improving performance on the bike (athletes; hobbyists), and,
– help in prevention of injuries & recovery from injuries
Through practice of certain yoga asanas (postures) we can achieve long term benefits of musco-skeletal movement that balances strength & flexibility. Besides that, focussing on breath regulation & benefits that can be directly transferred from our Yoga practice to Biking.
See this short video about it on Diaphragmatic breathing from riders in Tour de France https://vimeo.com/208110099
What we did at the event:
- Short presentation of the physiology of bikers and impact on body
- Learn about & practice of asanas (postures) where bikers can benefit
- Learn about & practice certain yogic breathing techniques helpful for bikers
- Have fun sharing ideas in a biking community
The project was a part of the Eurobike Academy program on 03 and 04 Sep 2016
Please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org to participate in a similar workshop.